Quality Industrial Technologist
Decor Flooring is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in Houston TX.
The Quality Industrial Technologist will champion and protect Decor’s quality reputation in the marketplace by ensuring the manufacturers facility consistently delivers first quality product to our customers.
• Manage the operations of the Quality Department and testing lab for color compounding and grass.
• Work with each department to identify and solve quality related problems and reduce plant off quality.
• Oversee quality and ordering specification for suppliers.
• Participate in new product development (including manufacturing process ability).
• Professionally interface with outside groups (sales, marketing, R&D, Technical Development).
• Assist other departments in projects as needed.
• Ensure product is being manufactured in accordance with quality guidelines by performing internal audits
• Provide management with timely & accurate quality information to facilitate decision making to evaluate product & process standards to add value for both internal & external customers
• Provide training & knowledge to employees to ensure Quality Management System changes & revisions are communicated for best practice
• Any other duties assigned by Supervisor to be performed as needed
• bachelor degree and master degree required, preferably in the field of engineering, management or other related technical field.
• Preferred: Experience in a merchandiser role during CPT/OPT
• 2 years’ experience in quality management or leadership role preferred.
• Advanced Excel knowledge and strong background in PowerPoint or other spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Strong knowledge of Auto CAD, Solid Works or other design software
• Drive Results
• Excellent team building and communication skills
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Decor Flooring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Welcome to contact us: email@example.com