WPC & SPC (water-proof core) vinyl floors are a great option for homeowners looking for an attractive, affordable, durable, and long-lasting alternative to traditional hardwood floors, plus they’re 100% waterproof.
Learning how to clean and care for your floor will ensure that you continue to enjoy your investment for years. Here are a few tips to clean and care for WPC / SPC flooring:
- WPC/SPC flooring is a low-maintenance material. In other words, you can keep it looking fabulous with an occasional vacuum and damp mop.
- Dry mop or vacuum your floor before wet cleaning in order to remove as much dust, dirt, and debris as possible. Make sure to clean the baseboards, corners, and under your furniture, as well.
- It is quite easy to deal with unexpected spills on your WPC /SPC floor. But as with any surface, any spill should be cleaned immediately, as they tend to get harder to deal with the longer they stay. Simply wipe the spills with warm water and a gentle cleaner. There is no need for hard scrubbing or harsh cleaners.
- When moving furniture, appliances, or other heavy items across the flooring,
It’s best to lift, move and put down. Do NOT drag or push across the floor. This is a great way to prevent scuff marks or tears on your floor. In addition, consider using felt pads or vinyl coasters underneath the feet and legs of your furniture to safeguard your floor.
Lastly, the best way to care for your WPC /SPC flooring is by reducing the accumulation of dirt, stains, and abrasions, so you won’t need to clean your floor regularly. Consider placing a rug or doormat at the entrance to your home or building to minimize the dirt and grime that goes inside.
Cleaning with Chemicals: If wet-cleaning is necessary, use CLOROX-Disinfecting Wipes(Quick and easy cleaning everywhere). Sometimes, in order to achieve good results, clean the floor gently with a medium- hard nylon brush.
- Resilient floors are damaged by solvents, only use properly rated cleaners.
- Wipe up any oil-based spills immediately as it may damage the surface.
- Black rubber wheels and rubber feet can discolor the floor.
- All chair legs must have protective feet.
Maintaining your floor:
- Use a doormat to keep the floor clean.
- Sweep every day.
- Clean up spills right away.
- Use a simple vinegar solution for everyday washing. (2 tbs Vinegar to 1 Gallon water) Can also substitute residential grade bleach for the vinegar.
- Be sure to pick the right cleanser. (No-wax or oil based cleanser)