– 80 Hour Water Resistant
Please read all the instructions before you begin the installation, and improper installation will void warranty.
All wood based products, even those specially designed to have increased resistance to moisture, are hydroscopic (they will react to the moisture in the environment) and as result will expand or contact accordingly. All source of under floor moisture must be rectified prior to the installation of the floor. Any construction dampness must be completely dry. It is important that you check each plank for any manufacturing defects. Any faults must be reported back to the store of the purchase for an immediate refund or replacement prior to the flooring being installed.
In-Floor Radiant Heat: Flooring can be installed over ½’’ (12mm) embedded radiant heat. Radiant heat systems must have a minimum of ½’’ (12mm) separation from the product.
Maximum operation temperature should never exceed 85℉ (30℃). Use of an in-floor temperature sensor is recommender to avoid overheating.
Before installing over newly constructed radiant heat systems, operate the system at maximum capacity to force any residual moisture from the cementitious topping of the radiant heat system. The maximum moisture content should be 2.5% (CM method). Before starting the installation, turn the heat off 24 hours before, during and 24 hours after installation.
Make sure that the temperature in the room is at between 65℉ (18℃) and 78℉ (24℃) during installation,
Once the installation has been completed, the heating system should be turned on and increased gradually (5 Degree increments) until returning to normal operating conditions.
Refer to the radiant heat system’s manufacturer recommendations for additional guidance.
Electric heating mats that are not embedded into the subfloor are not recommended for use underneath the flooring. Using electric heating mats that are embedded and applied directly underneath the flooring will void the warranty.
25 years residential Limited Warranty exclusion and conditions:
1. Damage resulting from excessively wet maintenance or from using detergents, abrasive cleaners, soaps, and waxes or polished is not covered by this limited warranty.
2. Damage must not have occurred as a result of improper or inadequate maintenance of accidents, such as damage caused by scratching, impact or cutting.
3. Damage resulting from the use of rotating beater bars, floor scrubbers, steamers, jet mopes, buffers or similar products is not covered by this limited warranty.
4. Damage caused by events beyond everyday household spills, but not include flooding, standing water, leaking pipes, mechanical failures or appliance leaks.
5. Moisture damage caused by water or moisture in the subfloor or underneath the flooring (not limited to damage from subfloor hydrostatic pressure or other conditions that result in water or moisture being below the floor).
6. Damage due to fluids of any types that are not removed within a reasonable period of time: If it is less than 200ml, and it is not removed less than 80hours. Or, if it is more than 200ml, and it is not removed less than 24 hours;
7. Construction-related damage is not covered by this limited warranty.
Damage caused by chemicals, burns, fires and other accidents.
Damage caused by abuse (i.e. dragging heavy or sharp objects across the floor without proper protection).